Instant pot Instant Vegetable Drumstick sambar – without Dal – LUNCH /DINNER/APPETIZERS
If you cook vegetable sambar regularly and have no time to soak dal or your dal is not cooking properly in Instant pot you can try this Instant sambar . I bought fresh drum sticks from Indian store and want to cook for Lunch and no time to soak dal . It turned out tasty as if dal is added. You don’t find any difference . Left overs taste good. What you like about vegetable sambar , you can eat with any grains or with breakfast like Idli ,, Dosa or with appetizers like vada, pakora etc. Check my recipe for the amount of water , spices to add and vegetables. I can say one of the easiest Vegetable sambar recipe in 3 easy simple steps.
RECIPE for 4
1. VEGETABLES : DRUMSTICKS – 5 ( cut into 3 pieces) , Onion – medium ( thinly sliced) , Tomatoes – 3 ( finely chopped ) , Carrots , Potatoes – 4 ( sliced) and Lauki ( green squash ) or Zucchini – Medium
2. TADKA ( SEASONING) to add at the end – Oil – 2 tbsp , ghee – 1 or 2 tbsp , Black split Urad dal – 2 tbsp , Cumin seeds and mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each , Hing – Pinch , Red chillies – 4 , Curry leaves – 10 and
3. Crushed garlic – 6 , Ginger – 1 tbsp
4. WATER – In a bowl add 2 measuring cups water . To this water add 2tbsp chick pes flour and mix without lumps , salt , turmeric powder – 1/4 th tbsp , red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp , Sambar powder – 1 tbsp or more ( store bought or Home made) , tamarind pulp – 3 tbsp and Jaggery ( Brown sugar) – 2 tbsp or according to your taste .
5. Finely chopped coriander to add at the end .
1. To the inner pot add all the vegetables .
2. Then add the spiced water prepared in the bowl . Mix well . Taste for salt, spices , sweetness and sourness . Add accordingly .
3. Close the lid . Manual 5 minutes. NPR ( after 10 minutes ) .
4. In a small pan add oil . When warm add split black urad dal , red chillies , mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Hing , curry leaves. Add this seasoning to the Drumstick sambar. Mix well .
5, Add finely chopped coriander and ghee .
SERVE with grains of your choice or with Idli , Dosa , vada or with any appetizers.