Instant Pot Appetizer with Red Kidney Beans and Cauliflower . Serve with Capsicum pumpkin seeds chutney
Recipe for 30 Pakora .
When ever I cook Red kidney Beans first thing that come to my mind is pakora’s . Kids like finger foods than curry and roti . I cooked red kidney beans in Instant pot and used one measuring cup cooked beans for this recipe. Rest I refrigerated and use later in the week. I added good amount of Cauliflower and rice flour for binding and for crispiness. I microwaved small cauliflower florets for 2 minutes so it will get mixed with other ingredients . Just add the amount of water I mentioned , so the pakora’s will come out without sticking to the basket . I even shared the recipe for Capsicum pumpkin seeds Chutney to serve with the Pakora’s . . You can prepare the Chutney in INSTANT POT or On stove top . Here is the Simple recipe with 5 main ingredients.
RECIPE for Red Capsicum Pumpkin seeds chutney :
In sauce pan add 1 tbsp oil . When warm add 1 tbsp Cumin seeds , chopped red bell pepper , 2 tomatoes . Season with salt and turmeric powder. Add small piece of tamarind ( optional) . Once finished cooking. Cool before transferring to a Blender and grind coarsely or fine with roasted pumpkin seeds ( 1/4 th cup) . Add seasoning. Heat 2 tbsp Oil followed by crushed garlic( 4 cloves) and 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds. Add this seasoning to the Chutney . Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly. Add finely chopped coriander .
Red rice is the special variety of rice found mostly in southern eastern coastal regions of South America . Good source of Iron . 100 grams of raw red rice flakes contains 20 grams of Iron . Pair with vitamin C as it helps improve Iron absorption . Without enough Iron children can develop Iron deficiency anemia a Common but often undetectable condition that affects energy levels and the immune system and has been linked to behavioral problems. High in fiber because of Bran and vitamin B6 .
It also keeps you full for longer time and helps you decrease the desire to eat. One serving of red rice can meet 23 percent of Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps the body make melatonin which is important in helping regulate internal clock. Getting Vitamin B6 through food is better alternative . B vitamins are important for healthy hair ,skin,eyes and liver. B complex vitamin plays an important role in converting food into energy and helps body metabolize fats and protein. Red rice is considered as a great meal option for diabetics as it promotes slow release of sugars in the blood stream . High in fiber making them effective for weight mgt and reduction of blood cholesterol. Source : HM
RECIPE FOR 30 PAKORA’s :
INGREDIENTS : One cup – Measuring cup
1. Red kidney Beans – 1 cup ( Cooked and Mashed ) . I cooked Red kidney beans in Instant pot . Raw 2 cups . Soaked overnight . Transfer to Instant pot Bowl . Add salt and cover with enough water . Manual 15 minutes . Unplug when you see low. QPR after 20 minutes.
2. Rice flour – 3/4 th cup
or Red rice poha – 1/2 cup and rice flour – 1/2 cup
3. Vegetables – Onion – 1 ( thinly sliced ) , Cauliflower florets – 2 measuring cups , Grated carrots, Green chilies – 3 ( chopped or paste) , Garlic cloves – 6 ( Peeled and chopped) , Ginger – small piece ( Chopped) . Finely chopped Coriander or Spinach .
4. Oil – 2 tbsp to Spray the Pakora’s .
5. Water – 1/2 cup if using only rice flour and Water – 1/4 th cup if using red rice poha and rice flour ( Wash red rice poha 3 to 4 times and no need to soak in water )
6. Ajwain ( carom seeds ) – 1/2 tbsp ( Optional) . Helps in digestion of Beans .
1. Transfer mashed red kidney beans , Chopped Onions , Microwaved cauliflower florets ( small florets for One or two minutes) , grated carrots , green chillies, ginger , Crushed garlic , Chopped coriander , rice flour, salt , Ajwain ( carom seeds) to a bowl . Mix well . You can add little red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder or Sambar powder – 1/2 tbsp to 3/4 th tbsp .
2. Now add water slowly and mix like pakora batter. Note : 1/2 cup water is sufficient .
3. Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly .
SHALLOW FRY WITH LESS OIL or IN AIR FRYER .
4. Grease Air fryer basket with Oil . Take batter and place in the Air fryer ( in the shape of Pakora) . Ten at a time .
5. Bake at 370 degrees for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes open the basket and spray oil . Bake for another 5 to 7 minutes.
SERVE with Capsicum pumpkin seeds CHUTNEY .