Instant pot Dessert /Kids Lunch Box – Pineapple Halwa Poori
It’s one of our favorite Dessert and like the flavor and taste of pineapple in Halwa. Now it’s so easy to prepare halwa in Instant pot with Zero monitoring. Add ingredients and close the lid. For a change serve these Pineapple Halwa Poori for Breakfast or Pack for Kids Lunch Box . You can prepare the filling and dough day before and refrigerate . Takes less time ( say 15 minutes or less to Air fry them ) . 4 medium Poori’s in one go . I have added finely chopped nuts for a little bite in between . If you are packing for Lunch Box. Skip them . Halwa stays good for more than 5 days in refrigerator or in Freezer . Place a Paper towel in a pyrez bowl and store the Halwa balls. You can shallow fry with little oil or in Air fryer . No need of foil and need to flip after 5 minutes. Filling ( Big Lemon size ) must be more than the outer covering. Once stuff with the filling don’t use the rolling pin. Grease your hands with oil and shape the patties. 4 medium poor’s at a time. Spray oil half way . If you don’t have pineapple juice , you can skip and prepare halwa with water . Here is the simple recipe with every day ingredients from your Pantry .
RECIPE for 15 Poori’s .
1. Sooji or Fine wheat rava – 1 cup
2. Water – 1 cup and Pineapple juice – 1 cup
3. Ghee – 3 tbsp
4. Jaggery – 1 cup
5. Raisins – Handful ( chopped)
6. Chopped nuts – 2 handfuls
7. Cardamom – 6 ( Powdered)
1. Fry semolina or fine wheat rava with 1 tbsp ghee.in a microwave safe bowl .
2. To the inner pot add water , pineapple juice , raisins, jaggery powder , chopped nuts and powdered cardamom . Taste water for sweetness and add accordingly .
3. Add semolina or fine wheat rava slowly and mix without lumps . Add ghee . . Close the lid. Manual 3 minutes. QPR . Take out the inner pot and place on a Trivet . Mix and check the bottom of inner pot . If needed add ghee.
4. Take small lemon size chapathi dough and roll into circle with rolling pin .
6. Grease your hands with oil and shape like patties. SHALLOW FRY with minimum oil or In Air fryer .
8. Bake at 370 degrees for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes , take out the basket and spray with Oil . Bake for another 7 minutes.
For OUTER COVERING ( DOUGH) : 2 cups of wheat flour. Add 2 tbsp Oil , little salt . Mix well and then add one cup milk and enough water. Leave in refrigerator till you prepare the poori’s.