Jhal muri and DESSERT with Paneer – Instant Pot – 5 main Ingredients
Weekends I like less cooking and at the same time like to cook something different from regular food. By seeing roasted Poha( flattened rice, store bought ) I remember Jhalmuri ( famous Indian street food) which I didn’t prepare for long time . I added good amount of vegetables , Sprouted green moong or Cooked Yellow peas , roasted nuts with Homemade dry Garlic powder ( Highlight for the chaat) , Chaat masala and Juice of lime or grated raw mango for sourness. Follow my recipe to enjoy this tasty street food. Along with it I prepared Instant Dessert with Paneer in Instant pot ( say Paneer Kheer) . I didn’t like the idea of reducing milk . Don’t want to spend that much time. Prepared in a short cut method which turned out delicious. Here are 2 Simple recipes you can prepare with every day Ingredients from your Pantry .
Recipe for 3 :
INGREDIENTS : One cup – Measuring cup
1. Milk – 3 cups
2. Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
3. Crumbled paneer – 1/2 cup , Semolina – 2 tbsp
4. Roasted nuts – Cashews , Pistachio’s , almonds – 1/2 cup and Raisins – Handful
5. Jaggery or Brown sugar or White sugar or Condensed milk – accordingly or sweetner of your choice
6. Cardamom – 4 to 6 Powdered .
1. Turn Instant pot on saute mode. When warm add ghee .
2. Roast semolina . Once semolina is light brown add nuts , milk and Paneer .
3. Close lid . Manual 4 minutes . NPR after 10 minutes . Open lid and add Jaggery or Sugar or Condensed milk . SERVE warm or cold with Jhal Muri .
1. Roasted Poha ( flattened rice) or Puffed rice – 2 cups ( Brown or white)
2. Chopped salad cucumber – one , Chopped Onion – small , Chopped tomatoes – 2 , Finely chopped Coriander and Mint .
3. Juice of Lime – 1 or Grated raw mango
4. Cooked Green peas – One cup and Boiled and chopped potato – 2
5. Roasted channa dal and Peanuts – One handful each ( fry in 1/2 tbsp Oil ) and Sev – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
6 Dry Garlic chutney powder or Curry powder – 1 tbsp and Chaat masala – 1/2 tbsp
7. Oil – 1 tbsp
8. Salt to taste
1. In a Bowl mix Roasted Poha or Puffed rice , salt , Dry Garlic chutney powder and Oil .
2. To this add chopped Onions, Tomato, Cucumber , Chopped coriander and Mint.
3. Add fried roasted channa dal , Peanuts and sev.
4. Squeeze juice of Lime and add Garam Masala . Mix well .
5. Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly . SERVE immediately .
NOTE : Cook soaked yellow peas and Potato in Instant pot .