SWEET PARATHA ( NOT WITH SUGAR) – FESTIVAL RECIPES – KIDS LUNCH BOX
TASTY DESSERT that is easy to prepare and you feel like eating more . For a change pack for KIDS LUNCH BOX . You can prepare night before and warm and cool before packing into KIDS LUNCH BOX .
Halwa Poori is a traditional Old age recipe prepared with Halwa ( a Semolina dish Sweetned with Sooji , Brown Sugar , Nuts , Ghee and Water ) and Stuffed inside a Wheat flour dough and Deep Fried. Instead of deep frying I Pan fried like Paratha . In some parts of India Halwa is served with Puffed Bread’s or Poori’s . This is a traditional dish which my Mom makes and Pack for our Lunch Box or during Festival season as Dessert with Some Rice dishes and tastes best on its Own .
Here is the Recipe . If you try out My recipe please leave a Comment .
1. Sooji or Fine Wheat rava or Roasted Upma Mix( Wheat) – 3/4 cup and Whole wheat Vermicelli – 1/4 th cup
2. Water – 3 Cups for stove top and 2 1/2 cups water for INSTANT POT
3. Brown Sugar or Jaggery – 3/4 th Cup or accordingly or Grind 1/2 cup dates or Combination of Dates and Jaggery or Combination of Raisins and Jaggery .
4 . Ghee – 2 tbsp.
5. Cardamom – 4
6. Nuts – 1/2 Cup ( Almonds , Cashews , Pistachios ) powdered .
7. Coconut – 1/2 cup
1. Turn Instant pot on saute mode. When warm add 1 tbsp ghee and roast sooji and vermicelli and transfer to a bowl .
2. Clean the inner pot. Add 2 tbsp ghee and 2 1/2 cups water. Unplug . 3. Now add powdered nuts , Jaggery powder and cardamom. Taste water for sweetness and add accordingly .
3. Add roasted semolina and roasted vermicelli slowly. Make sure there are no lumps. Add coconut too .
4. Close lid . Manual 2 minutes . NPR ( 3 minutes) or QPR .
5. Open the lid and take out inner pot. Mix gently . If needed add ghee . Cool before making Paratha .
METHOD : STOVE TOP
1. Heat 1 tbsp. Ghee in a Sauce Pan and roast SOOJI and Vermicelli till light Brown . Transfer to a Bowl .
2. In the same Sauce Pan add 3 Cups Water and Brown Sugar or Jaggery or DATES paste or Combination of Dates paste and Jaggery or Combination of Raisins paste and Jaggery , Cardamom and bring to boil . Once water comes to Boil check Water for Sweetness and adjust .
3. Now slowly add Sooji , Vermicelli and Nuts powder stirring Continuously to avoid lumps . Cook on a medium flame .
4. When the Halwa starts to thicken add One more tbsp. Ghee . Mix well and Switch off the Stove . Add coconut .
PARATHA : Wheat Flour – 2 Cups, Milk – one cup and Water accordingly , Oil – tbsp. , Salt . Mix the Ingredients and make a dough . Refrigerate Overnight or leave for half hour on Kitchen counter or refrigerator .
1. Take the Paratha dough . knead and make balls.
3. Bring the sides of the rolled Paratha and Seal it . Press , Sprinkle some flour and roll again into thick Paratha ( Make sure the Halwa is spread evenly when rolling) . 4. Heat Pan and fry the Paratha on both sides till Golden Brown ( You can apply Oil or Ghee on both sides while frying )
OFFER TO GOD and Share with Family and Friends . Or PACK FOR KIDS LUNCH BOX .