Instant Pot Okra rice – Kids Lunch Box /Dinner . Preparation time – 15 minutes and zero monitoring
I always pack finger foods in Kids Lunch Box and sometimes One pot meal with rice. For today’s Lunch Box I packed Okra rice. Try over the weekend and pack for Kids Lunch Box with plain curd. What I like about this rice recipe , it taste good at room temperature. While rice is cooking in Instant pot I quickly pan fried okra. Season okra with salt once you finish cooking , so it won’t be slimy . You can even serve for Dinner. You can squeeze Lime juice or add Puligore powder. Just add the amount of water i mentioned. So rice will be cooked perfectly and soft. As there are no vegetables we need that amount of water for perfectly cooked rice. Try this Simple recipe with every day ingredients from your pantry .
RECIPE FOR 3
1. Basmati Rice – 1 cup ( soak for 30 minutes)
2. Water – 2 cups
3. Tamarind paste – 1/4 th cup or Tamarind powder ( puligore powder) – 3 tbsp or Juice of Lime – One
4. Curry leaves – 10 ( finely chopped ) , Salt – accordingly and Turmeric- 1/4 th tbsp
5. Seasoning – Urad dal – 2 tbsp , Cumin and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each , Red chillies – 3 , Green chillies – 4 and handful of roasted Peanuts and cashews
6. Oi – 3 tbsp
7. Okra- 30 ( chopped)
1. Turn Instant pot on Saute mode . When warm add Oil followed by Urad dal , cumin and mustard seeds , Red chillies , Green chillies , Turmeric and Curry leaves . Mix well .
2. Add Peanuts and Cashews .
3 . Add washed and soaked rice , water and salt . Taste water for salt and add accordingly . NOTE : If you want to add tamarind powder ( Puligore powder ) add once you finish cooking rice .
4. Cancel saute . Rice mode . NPR ( 10 minutes) or QPR after 5 minutes . Take out the inner pot. Fluff the rice. Add tamarind powder or Tamarind paste or Squeeze Juice of Lime . Taste and add accordingly .