Cauliflower Kofta Curry is a shallow fried Dumplings served with Creamy tomato gravy. Speciality of the recipe is I used Whole Cauliflower in Preparing Kofta’s and Special spice Powder in the Gravy. Pressure cooked the Vegetables to Prepare Kofta’s by adding Couple more vegetables, flours and Spices. If the vegetables are not soft it is difficult to bind with flours as I have used one Potato. I shared how to prepare Kofta’s and gravy. The gravy is different from the traditional gravy recipes. Didn’t add any garam masala as I added to the spices ( Cloves and Cardamom) and Whole garam masala in seasoning while perparing the gravy . Perfect for kids as it is not too Spicy. I added Yogurt( curd) at the end instead of cream . Adds tangy taste to the gravy.
I tried Panfrying Kofta’s and other methods and not satisfied with the Outcome. So shallow fried with One measuring cup Oil . Recipe is for 20 Kofta’s. You can serve the Curry with Puffed Poori’s or Phulka or Plain Paratha .The best part is you can enjoy the left over Kofta’s and Gravy again later in the week. Store in refrigertor separately .Give it a try and wow your family and friends !
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
1. Cauliflower – One whole ( washed and Chopped finely)
2. Green Beans – 15
3 . Potato – 1
4. Baby Carrots- 10 ( Chopped)
6. Curry powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and CuminPowder , Garlic and finely chopped Coriander leaves )
7. Chickpea flour – 1/4 th cup
8. Rice flour – 1/2 cup
9. Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
10. Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
11. Oil for shallow frying – One measuring cup
1. Pressure cook finely chopped Caulliflower , Chopped Baby carrots , Chopped green Beans , Potato with very little water on medium High flame for 2 to 3 whistles. Season with salt .
2. When pressure comes down transfer to a bowl . No water will be left to drain .Cool the vegetables for a while . Mash the potato .Add Chickpea flour , Rice flour , Ajwain, Curry powder ,Salt and finely chopped Coriander leaves.
3 .Mix well . Check for salt and Spices and adjust accordingly.
4. Divide the dough into 20 equal parts . Grease your hands with Oil . Take the dough and shape it into round balls .
5. Heat Oil on a medium flame and drop the balls and Shallow fry till golden Brown .
1. Tomatoes – 3
2. Onion – 1 ( Chopped)
3. Garlic – 3 cloves
4. Ginger – small piece
5. Spices to roast and grind – Handful of Mixed Nuts, Cumin and Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp , Fennel seeds , Fenugreek seeds – 10 , Cloves -2 , Cardamom – 2 , Red chillies -2
6. Whole Garam Masala – Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp , Cloves – 4 , Cardamom – 2 , Cinnamon – small stick , Bay leaf – 2
7. Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
8. Salt and Turmeric
9. Yogurt ( Curd) – 1/4 th cup
10 . Finely chopped Corainder Leaves
1. Dry roast Spices mentioned Under Spices to roast and Grind . Cool the spices before grinding.
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and Saute Onions . Season with salt and Turmeric. Once Onions are Brown add finely chopped tomatoes. Cool them before grinding.
3. Grind the Spices into fine powder , then add Onion tomato mixture and grind into fine Paste adding One measuring cup water.
4. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and splutter cumin seeds and add Cloves , Cardamom, Cinnamom stick, Bay leaf ,Onion tomato masala paste. If needed add 1/2 measuring cup water. Stir in between to avoid burning.
5. Once you see bubbles ( it will take 5 to 7 minutes), switch off the stove and add Yogurt( curd) , Curry powder (1 tbsp) and finely chopped Coriander leaves. Check for Salt and spices and adjust accordingly .
SERVE with Cauliflower Kofta and Phulka or Plain Paratha .