BAKED WHOLE WHEAT PISTACHIO EMPANADAS – Kids Lunch Box Dessert / After School snack .
Over the weekend I baked this dessert to pack for Kids Lunch Box as Dessert and for After school snack. . I just tried out as a sample and they turned out delicious. Need two main ingredients which are outer covering and filling. It takes 20 minutes to prepare ( outer covering , grinding the filling and rolling , stuffing empanadas) and Baking 10 + 10 minutes. After 10 minutes flip and brush with some Oil and bake for 10 more minutes. They are delicious with tasty filing and Crispy outer covering. . But I left them in the Oven for 10 more minutes after switching it off for extra crispiness. Filling is with Pistachio’s and few more easy available ingredients. While the dough is resting you can prepare the filling. Easy and tasty filling if you have store bought roasted Pistachio’s. Here is the Simple recipe with few ingredients.
No need of Baking soda . Just follow my recipe to enjoy a tasty Dessert .
Recipe for 7 . Preparation time : 20 minutes and Baking time : 10 + 10 minutes. Extra 10 minutes after switching off the Oven .
1. Mix 1 measuring cup Whole wheat flour with little salt and 4 tbsp Oil . Using fingers mix oil with flour.
2. Need 1/2 cup ( Measuring cup) water . Add water slowly and mix until the dough comes together . Keep aside for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile prepare the filling.
FILLING : Store bought roasted NUTS.
1. Grind 1/2 cup Pistachio’s with 1/4 th cup Cashews , 1/4 th cup walnuts , 1/4 th cup dry coconut, 1/2 cup raisins , 6 Cardamom and 1/4 cup Jaggery ( Brown sugar) or Dates . Transfer to a Bowl . Taste for sweetness and add accordingly .
3. Roll the dough into half inch thick circles. Place the filling ball and crumble with your fingers. Fold half of the circle over to form half moon. Press the edges together with fingers. Use the fork to form ridges. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough and filling.
5. After finish baking I left in the oven for 10 minutes for extra crispiness.