Lauki Mango Spinach Mixed Dal – Pressure Cooker – Side for Roti ( Indian Bread)
After I came to USA I do all my house hold work at my leisure time . I can do in the morning or evening or I can postpone for next day . No need to depend on Maid . Once we finish cooking , we need to clean Vessels, Either in dish washer or hand wash and sometimes big vessels occupy more space and need to hand wash them instead of cleaning in dish washer. Today I’m sharing Lauki mango Spinach Mixed dal recipe in pressure cooker from start to finish and 2 vessels to clean at the end. Though I cook a lot in INSTANT POT , sometimes I like cooking in Pressure Cooker. Dal in pressure cooker cooks perfectly with right consistency , not too thick and not too thin .
. Dal is a must in our meal along with stir fry vegetable and Rasam. I cook dal in pressure cooker . Then cook vegetables and add dal to cooked Vegetables and again tadka. I don’t know why I cooked in 3 different vessels. At the end 6 vessels to clean . After I bought Instant pot I bought a small pressure cooker too . Cooked everything in One pot i.e Pressure Cooker. Check my recipe how much dal , water and vegetables to be added to get right consistency . Number of Whistles. Not too thick and not too thin. I like adding Green chilli paste along with Curry Powder and Rasam powder . Ginger too . Adds little spiceness to dal and not too Spicy. Here is the recipe for EVERYDAY DAL in PRESSURE COOKER . Clean Cooking and dal is not going to Splutter .
Recipe for 4 to 6 .
Preparation time – 15 minutes and Cooking time – 15 minutes
1. Mixed dals ( Toor dal , Channa dal and Yellow Moong dal – 3/4th cup ( Soak for half hour. Wash before and after soaking)
2. Water – 1 1/4 measuring cups ( Just sufficient) Don’t add more
3. Vegetables – Onion – medium ( finely chopped) , tomatoes – 3 ( chopped) , Lauki ( green squash ) – Medium ( Peeled and Chopped into big pieces) , Mango – medium ( peeled and chopped)
4. Spinach – 3 big handfuls chopped ( add at the end)
5. TADKA( seasoning ) – Garlic – 6 cloves ( Peeled and crushed ) , Split black urad dal – 1 tbsp , 1/2 tbsp Cumin and Mustard seeds each , Red chillies – 3 to 4 and Hing – Pinch
6. Green chilli paste – 3 green chillies , Ginger – small piece ( crushed ) , Sambar or Rasam Powder – 1/2 tbsp , Curry powder – 1 tbsp
7. Juice of Lime – One
8. Oil – 2 tbsp or 1 tbsp and Ghee – 1/2 to 1 tbsp to add at the end
9. Finely chopped coriander
1. Soak dals for half hour . Wash before and after soaking. Add 1 1/2 measuring cup water to washed dal .
2. Chop vegetables .
3. Heat Pressure cooker on medium heat . Add Oil . When Oil is warm add Crushed garlic followed by Black Split urad dal , Mustard seeds, Cumn seeds and Broken red chillies.
4. Add finely chopped Onions. Season with salt and turmeric. Fry for couple of minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes , Lauki and mango . Green Chilli paste and Crushed ginger.
6. Add curry powder and Sambar powder . Add Dals with water . Mix well .
7. Close lid . Pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium high heat.
8. Once Pressure comes down . Open the lid and add chopped Spinach. Taste for salt and Spices and add accordingly .
If needed squeeze juice of lime and add 1 tbsp GHEE .
SERVE with Steamed rice or Phulka or Plain Paratha .