Complete Balanced Breakfast for Kids and Whole family with Carbs from Rice, Potato and Protein from LENTILS . Surprise your Kids with these Crispy Potato Pancakes . A make over for traditional Breakfast and is Served with Fruit and Yogurt .
Pancakes are type of flat bread enjoyed by different Cultures around the world with different flours , eggs or lentils , milk, Water or Buttermilk . Lentils and Potato Pancakes as a breakfast for your Kids and Family is a Healthy way to start your Morning. They are light and Crispy and leave your Kids feeling full until his/her next Meal . Serve with Yogurt and fruit for boost of Vitamins and Minerals .
In my family Pancakes with Lentils and Rice are regular Weekdays breakfast . I usually Prepare different kinds of Pancakes topped with Veggies,Bell peppers or with Onions or Butter milk Pancakes .My kids are big fan of Potato’s and want to include in Breakfast too and I came up with the idea of Potato Pancakes using Lentils and Rice Batter instead of APF flour. It is a simple recipe to prepare if you have the batter ready in your refrigerator and Cooked/ Raw Potato. The recipe is most simplest Version without being dominated by using Spices . I hope you all enjoy making this simple Breakfast recipe for your family.
1. Urad Dal – 1 cup
2. Channa Dal – 1/2 cup
3. Long Grain Rice – 1/2 cup
4. Brown Basmati Rice – 1/2 Cup or 1 Cup Brown rice
5. Fenu greek Seeds – 1/4 th tbsp.
6. Water for grinding Batter
7. Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp.
8. Potato – 1 ( Thinly Sliced) Cooked or Raw
1. Soak Urad Dal , Channa dal , Long grain White Rice , Brown Basmati Rice and Fenugreek seeds for 3 to 4 Hours . Wash thoroughly . Grind with little salt and Water .
2. The batter must be pouring Consistency . Not too thin .
3. Ferment Overnight .
4. Slice the Potato thinly .
5 .Grease Pan with little Oil . Pour 3 tbsp. of Batter for each Pancake and Place Potato Slice on top of Pancake . Sprinkle some salt on Potato . Drizzle Oil around the edges of Pancake to crisp Up .Flip the Pancake and Brown the other side . Cook on a Medium High Flame .
Serve with Fruit and Yogurt.