3 Instant Red rice Poha Dosa mix powders .
These Instant Poha ( flattened rice) Dosa ( Pancakes) mix powders will come in handy when you don’t have an idea what to prepare for Breakfast or if you are looking for new Breakfast recipe you want to try and serve your family . Save the recipe . Will be useful when you don’t feel like Cooking Lunch or Dinner. Just mix with Water and keep aside for 10 minutes. Mix finely chopped Vegetables or sprinkle on top . For a Complete meal serve these with some Salad and fruits. These powders stay good for months if you store them in Glass containers and in freezer . I tried 3 combinations and shared in the Post .
Recipe for 8 Pancakes or 2 Big Dosa’s Preparation time – 10 minutes and Cooking time – 10 minutes
First combination : Red rice poha or Poha( Flattened rice) of your choice + Chickpea flour+ Sooji ( Semolina) or Rice flour
Second Combination : Red rice Poha + Yellow Moong Dal flour + Semolina( Sooji) or Rice flour for crispiness.
Third Combination : Red rice Poha + Urad Dal flour + Semolina( Sooji) or Rice flour
Cup – Measuring cup
1. Red rice Poha or Poha ( Flattened rice) of your choice – 1/2 cup
2. Chickpea flour – 1/2 cup
3. Semolina ( Sooji) – 1/4 th cup or Rice flour -1/4 th cup
4. Yogurt( curd) – 1/2 cup
5. Water – 1 cup
6. Chopped Onions , Chopped tomatoes – 2 , Grated carrots , Bell pepper
7. Finely chopped Corainder Leaves
9. Chopped Green Chillies , Rasam Powder or Sambar Powder or Curry Powder – 1/2 tbsp
10 . Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
1. Wash Red rice Poha or Poha ( Flattened rice ) of your choice 3 to 4 times . Drain out all water and transfer to a Bowl. To this add Semolina( Sooji) , Chickpea flour , Salt , Ajwain ( Optional) , Curry Powder , Curd , Water . Mix without Lumps .
2. Keep aside for 10 Minutes . Meanwhile gather and Chop the vegetables .
3. Heat a Pan on Medium/ Medium high heat . 4. To the batter add Finely chopped Onions, Chopped Tomato , Bell pepper , Grated carrot and finely chopped Corainder.
4. When the Pan is warm enough grease with Oil and try small Pancake .
5. For second Dosa pour a big spoonful of Batter and spread in a Circular motion. Drizzle Oil over the edges. When the bottom is light Brown flip and cook the otherwise.
SERVE WARM .
NOTE: You can prepare 7 to 8 Pancakes if the pan is wide enough .