Sometimes I feel like eating Salad for Lunch which are Cool and satisfying on No mood Cooking days . It will take time to Chew , so you will feel satisfied and won’t crave till Dinner time. You will experience different tastes in every Bite. What I like about this Salad is , it has everything except Salad dressing. Salads are light and refreshing on hot Summer days. Yellow Moong Dal salad is usually prepared during festival times without Vegetables and doesn’t require cooking. I added Vegetables and fruits for the color, contrast and nutrition. The ingredients look simple but you will love the combination of Moong dal with Coconut , vegetables , fruits and little spicy taste from Green chillies and ginger in every bite. Don’t forget to add herbs for refreshing flavor . Season with freshly grounded Black pepper and Italian Seasoning is a perfect ending for the Salad. If you have left overs refrigerate without seasoning with Salt. Stays good for 2 to 3 days. Note : Don’t skip Coconut and Clementine , perfect combination for salad.
Recipe for 2 People .
1. Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 Cup ( raw )
2. Dry or fresh Coconut – 1/4 th Cup
3. Salad Cucumber – 1 ( Chopped)
4. Color Bell Peppers – 1/2 Cup( Chopped) and Grated Carrot – 1/2 cup
5. Clementine – 2
6. Green Chillies – 2 ( Chopped)
7. Ginger – 2 tbsp.
8. Finely chopped Coriander Leaves and Mint leaves
9. Salt to taste and Freshly grinded Black Pepper .
10 .Italian seasoning – 1 tbsp.
1. Soak Yellow Moong Dal for 30 minutes. Wash before and after soaking . Drain out all water.
2. Transfer Moong Dal to a bowl . Mix with finely chopped Cucumber , Bell Peppers , Coconut , Clementines , Chopped green Chillies , ginger, Finely Chopped Coriander and Mint leaves.
3. Season with Salt , freshly grinded Black pepper , Italian Seasoning. Mix well .