Instant Pot Stuffed Tindora with Pumpkin seeds spice powder
If you cook Tindora frequently do try this easy to prepare Stuffed Tindora in Instant pot. Takes very less time when compared to stove top . No stirring and monitoring. Once you taste it ,you will forget to eat grains, Tindora is good source of fiber and suggested for Diabetic people as it won’t spike Blood sugars . Cook with minimum oil . I didn’t add any water and no burnt bottom. I stayed in the kitchen till I unplug it. I tried many stuffed vegetables without adding any water and no burnt bottom . I like trying new spice powders to Stuff the vegetables. For today’s recipe I tried Pumpkin seeds Spice powder. Do try and your going to love this new taste of Stuffed Tindora. Serve with Steamed rice or Phulka( Indian Bread) with Dal and Raita o with Scrambled Egg .
Recipe for 2
1. Tindora – 30 Medium and thin ( Wash and make a slit in between to stuff with the spice powder )
2. Pumpkin seeds Spice Powder – Dry roast 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds, 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds , 3 to 4 red chillies , 1/4 th tbsp Mustard seeds , Few fenugreek seeeds. Cool and grind with Pumpkin seeds, Walnuts , Roasted Peanuts – 20 , Roasted sesame seeds – 2 tbsp , 1/4 th cup dry coconut , Dry mango powder or Tamarind and 4 cloves of Garlic with Salt . Note : You can add Red chilli powder instead of Red chillies .
3. Oil – 3 tbsp
4. Salt – accordingly and Turmeric -1/4 th tbsp ( Optional)
5. Finely chopped Coriander and Mint
1. Wash Tindora 4 to 5 times. Make a slit in the middle to Stuff the spice powder.
2. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add Oil and Tindora. Season with Salt . Mix well .
3. Close the lid . Manual 5 minutes if tindora are big . Otherwise 3 minutes . NPR.
4. Open the lid . Check with Knife whether tindora is cooked . Keep on saute mode and fry on both sides . It will take 3 to 5 minutes . Unplug and leave in the pot to crisp the vegetable with the heat left in the pot.
5. Transfer to a Pyrex Bow and stuff the vegetable with Spice powder.
SERVE with Steamed rice or with Phulka ( Indian Bread) and Dal or with Scrambled Egg .