Green Moong Cranberry Spinach curry – Instant pot – Side for Roti ( Indian whole wheat Bread) or with Steamed rice
If you cook Green moong curry to serve with Phulka or Plain paratha ( Indian Bread) , do try this new recipe with Cranberries . I add Cranberries when I cook dal and we liked the taste. So , I added to Green Moong dal curry and turned out good , adds little tangy taste . I tried in Instant pot . It turned out good with right consistency and no burnt bottom. Dal is Protein for vegetarians and adding Spinach adds more nutrition . I added mild spices so that Kids can enjoy it without troubling. You don’t need to monitor . Just transfer the ingredients and done in less time. It takes 10 minutes to gather Ingredients and chopping. Check recipe for the amount of water , dal and other ingredients to add.
After reading the Health Benefits of Cinnamon I’m adding when ever I cook rice or Sprinkle Cinnamon powder at the end. A study by the U.S . Agricultural Research service noted that Cinnamon’s to help those suffering from Type 2 diabetes reduce blood sugar levels and aid in processing insulin. 2 spoons contain high levels of manganese , fiber, potassium and Calcium . It is also considered a strong antioxidant . Helps in prevention of Blood clots and also acts as an anti – inflammatory . Seasoning foods that are high in carbohydrates with cinnamon helps reduce the impact those foods on blood sugar levels . Source : HM
Recipe for 3 to 4
Preparation time and Cooking time : Less than 30 minutes
1. Whole Green Moong dal – 1/2 Cup raw ( Soaked )
2. Water – 1 1/2 cup ( Measuring cup )
3. Vegetables – Onion – medium ( chopped) , Tomatoes – 2 ( finely chopped) , Garlic cloves – 4 ( Peeled and chopped) and CRANBERRIES – Handful ( washed)
4. Oil – 2 tbsp and Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
5. Spice powders – Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp each and Salt accordingly or Sambar powder and Curry Powder – 1/2 tbsp each
6. Spinach – 3 to 5 handfuls( finely Chopped) to add at the end .
1. Turn Instant pot on saute mode. When warm add 2 tbsp Oil . Add crushed garlic and cumin seeds. Followed by finely chopped Onions. Season with salt and turmeric powder( 1/4 th tbsp) . Close with lid and fry till onions are light Pink .
2. Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook for couple of minutes . Stir in between.
3. Add Soaked green moong dal, washed cranberries, red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder ( or Sambar powder and Curry powder or Chole masala powder ) , water . Mix well .
4. Close the lid. Manual 5 minutes. Unplug when you see Low. QPR after 10 minutes.
5. Open the lid and add chopped Spinach . Mix . Taste for salt and Spices and add accordingly .
SERVE with PHULKA or PLAIN PARATHA ( Indian whole wheat Bread)