RIDGE GOURD Lentils CURRY with steamed rice ( PIP Cooking) – Instant pot with Gongura Channa dal stir fry in Instant pot , Eggplant stir fry with Bajra roti . AND RAW MANGO PEANUT CHUTNEY .
This is the first time I tried ridge gourd in Instant pot . PIP cooking with steamed rice. You can serve with Steamed rice or Roti ( Indian Bread) . For a change I served with Bajra roti . It’s not Dal and Lentils are not mashed and holds shape once you finish cooking . Important ingredient I added is tamarind for sourness. Don’t skip tamarind or squeeze juice of Lime at the end. Spices to add are Curry powder and Sambar powder ( Homemade or store bought) . Don’t skip Green chili paste , Ginger and Garlic . Add flavor and taste. Along with Ridge gourd Lentils curry I prepared Eggplant stir fry , Gongura stir fry to finish Left over vegetables . Raw mango peanut chutney . Here is the Simple recipe prepared with every day Ingredients .
Recipe for 3
1. Lentils – Channa dal , Moong dal and Toor dal or Masoor dal – 1/2 cup
2. Water – 1 1/2 cup
3. VEGETABLES – Ridge gourd – 3 ( Peel the skin and chop into 3 inch long pieces ) , Onion – 1 ( finely chopped) , Garlic – 6 cloves( Crushed ) , Ginger – small piece – grated , Green chilli paste – 3 and Tomatoes -2 ( chopped)
4. Tamarind – Marble size or Juice of Lime ( Important Ingredient)
5. Red chilli powder or Curry powder – 1 tbsp and Sambar powder – 1 tbsp ( available in Indian stores
6. Oil – 2 tbsp and Ghee – 1 tbsp ( to add at the end)
7. Seasoning – Urad dal – 1 tbsp , Cumin and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each and Red chillies – 2
8. Finely chopped coriander Leaves
1. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add Oil followed by Black split urad dal , Mustard seeds , Cumin seeds and Red chillies . Add finely chopped Onions. Season with Salt and Turmeric. Fry onions until light pink.
2. Add crushed garlic, Green chilli paste , Grated ginger. Fry for a minute. 3. Add soked and washed lentils, water , chopped tomato , Ridge gourd, Sambar powder and Curry Powder .
3. Add Tamarind ( Important ingredient) or squeeze juice of Lime at the end .
4. Mix well . Close lid. Manual 7 minutes. Unplug when you see Low . NPR .
5. Open the lid . Add Ghee and finely chopped coriander . Taste for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
SERVE with BAJRA ROTI .
I took equal quantities of Bajra flour and Wheat flour . Add grated boiled potato , salt and Spices ( I add 1/2 tbsp Sambar powder) . Add water slowly . Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then roll Phulka or Paratha .
RECIPE FOR GONGURA CHANNA DAL STIR FRY in INSTANT POT :
RAW MANGO PEANUT CHUTNEY :