Ragada Patties with Stuffed Vegetable .
This Weekend we had Ragada Pattices for Lunch or Stuffed Toamto in Yellow Peas Gravy. Enjoy it as a Chaat or serve with PHULKA . A little different from regular Patties . It is Stuffed Pattie in a Vegetable . It’s my daughter Idea as she like this Vegetable in everything.( Idli , Dosa and Stuffed recipes) . In every bite you will have a juicy taste with Soft melt in mouth stuffing along with tasty and Spicy Ragada topped with Coriander Mint Chutney and Date Tamarind Chutney .Ragada Patties is a famous Street snack and Chaat recipe in India .
It is a two part preparation of Ragada or Yellow Peas Gravy and Stuffed Vegetable Pattie or Stuffed Tomato . It is a Healthy recipe and can be prepared with 2 tbsp Oil . For preparing Ragada we use Dried Yellow Peas which are soaked Overnight and Pressure Cooked along with Potatoes for fast Cooking. Dried Peas along with other Legumes are rich in Soluble fiber and good source of Cholesterol lowering fiber . Soluble fiber forms a gel like substance in the digestive tract that binds bile( which contains Cholesterol ) and carries it out the body . It provides five important minerals 3 B vitamins , Protein and virtually no fat. Store Dried peas in a air tight container and will last for several months . If you store for longer , then store in refrigerator. Tomatoes of all Colors provides outstanding nutrient benefits . Store them at room temperature and away from sunlight . If stored in refrigerator , remove them One hour before cooking to regain maximum flavor . Researchers has suggested that Potatoes can be incorporated in our diet and loose Weight if Baked or Boiled and seasoned with Herbs instead of Butter or Cream.One medium sized Potato has 110 Calories , no fat, sodium or Cholesterol and more Potassium than a Banana . Source : Health Magazines .
Recipe for 3 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
INGREDIENTS for RAGADA :
1. Dried Yellow Peas – 1/2 Measuring Cup
2. Boiled Potato – 1 ( White or Sweet Potato)
3. Onions – One Medium chopped
4. Tomatoes – 2 Chopped
and Grated Beetroot
5. Garlic – 2 Cloves ( Peeled and Chopped)
6. Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
7. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. Oil – 1 tbsp
9. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and Coriander leaves with Stems)
10 . Pav bhaji Masala – 1/2 tbsp
11. Finely Chopped Coriander leaves
PREPARATION OF RAGADA :
1. Soak Yellow Peas Overnight . Pressure cook with 1 measuring Cup water , Salt and Potato for 3 Whistles on Medium High Heat. When Pressure comes down transfer Peas with Water into a Bowl . Mash the Potato .
2.Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds . Once cumin seeds are brown add finely chopped Onions. Fry till golden Brown . Once Onions are Brown add Ginger and Garlic Paste . Fry for Couple of Minutes and add finely chopped Tomatoes and Grated Beetroot.
Add Curry Powder and Pav bhaji Masala . Mix well and cook till tomatoes are Soft.
3. Once tomatoes are soft add Cooked Peas along with water and Mashed Potato. Bring to boil.
4. Once it comes to Boil , switch off the stove and add finely chopped Coriander Leaves . Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
INGREDIENTS and METHOD for STUFFED VEGETABLE :
Mash 3 Boiled Potatoes( WHITE or SWEET POTATO or Combination of White and Sweet Potato) . To mashed Potatoes add Salt, red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder and Mango Powder and 1 tbsp Oil . Check for salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
1. Cut tomatoes into 2 inch Circles. Scoop the middle Part ( You can add to Ragada while Cooking ) . Divide the mashed Potato into 6 equal Parts . Roll each Part into round ball and stuff in the middle of the tomato.
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil in a wide pan and Pan fry the Stuffed tomatoes on both sides . It will take 3 to 4 Minutes . Transfer them into Plate .
HOW TO SERVE :
Place two Stuffed tomatoes in Bowl . Pour 3 big Spoonfuls of Ragada on top of the stuffed tomatoes. Sprinkle finely chopped Onions and top it with Green Chutney ( coriander and Mint Chutney) and Dates Tamarind Chutney.