Recipe for 50 Pakora’s .
As I was planning to prepare Vermiceeli moong dal Pakora, I soaked Whole Green moong dal for 3 hours and prepared sprouts ( Wash and drain out all water and place a Paper towel in a Sauce Pan and pour Moong dal into the Paper towel and warp it . Cover with lid and leave in the Oven overnight . Your sprouts are ready by next day morning). These Pakora’s are very very Crispy when served warm . Left overs can be refrigerated and still taste good for next day . Pack your Kids Lunch Box for a change and you will be surprised to see their empty Lunch Box. You can fry them like Pakora or Shape like small Vada’s with 1/2 inch thickness for Crispiness . One Measuring Cup Oil is sufficient to fry Vada’s . The recipe look simple with every day Ingredients but they are crispy because of Vermicelli and balancing taste from Lentils , Onions and adds little Spice ( Green chillies , Ginger ) ; bright green color from Coriander . They are not filling and you can eat as many as 10. Try and share your feedback.
Here is the recipe :
Note : 1. If you don’t have time to prepare sprouts , Soak Split Green Moong Dal with Yellow Moong dal for an hour and Soak Roasted Vermicelli for 10 to 15 Minutes in warm water . Don’t skip split Green Moong dal , it adds fluffiness and sweetness to Vada /Pakora without adding Baking Soda.
2. Grind the Dal’s night before , Chop vegetables and refrigerate . It will be easy to Prepare Kids Lunch Box next day morning or Weekend Lunch.
1. Yellow Moong Dal – 1 measuring Cup
2. Roasted whole wheat vermicelli – 1 cup
3.Split Green Moong – 1 Cup or 1/2 Cup raw
- 4. Onion – 1 Big Chopped
5. Coriander – One Bunch chopped
6. Gren chillies – 3 ( Mild spicy ) ot Green chilli paste
7. Ginger – Small piece ( Chopped)
9. Ajwain – 1/2 to 1 tbsp.
10 . Oil – One measuring cup or more
2. Wash Vermicelli 3 to 4 times . Squeeze out all water and transfer to Moong dal Bowl. Add salt , Ajwain , Finely chopped Onions and Coriander Leaves with stems. . Mix well . 3. Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
4. Heat One Measuring cup or little more Oil for shallow frying on Medium/ Medium High heat . When the Oil is warm enough take a small portion of the batter and drop in the Oil ( You can shape like vada too little small and Half inch thick ) .
5. Brown on both sides and transfer to a plate lined with Paper towel to absorb excess Oil . ( They didn’t absorb much Oil )