Tindora carrot Stir fry for Toddler’s
Do your Kids trouble to chew vegetables . Here is the recipe for toddlers and kids who troubles to chew or eat vegetables. Tindora is a good source of fiber. I cook this curry at least twice a week. My younger one doesn’t like to chew vegetables. So I need to chop very fine. Takes time . I tried in food processor. Mushy and not good for cooking. After I bought Onion chopper, I’m using it to chop carrots. Tried Tindora. That’s the size of vegetable I was looking for . Less time to cook . I used a wide Pan so the vegetable cooks evenly . Check my recipe how to cook without burning the vegetable and mushy as we chopped the vegetable very fine. It’s a tasty vegetable which doesn’t need any spices . Just salt and Red chilli powder or Sambar powder Or Coconut raw mango spice powder. Here is the recipe .
1. Tindora – 10 handfuls
2 . Carrots – 20 Baby carrots
3. Coconut raw mango spice powder – Grind handful of coconut with 2 green chillies and 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds. Add mango pieces and grind coarsely . or tamarind .
or Red chilli powder , coriander , cumin powder and Dry mango powder or Just 1 tbsp Sambar powder .
4. Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp , Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp and Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
5. Finely chopped Coriander leaves
1. Heat a wide pan on Medium heat . When warm add oil and cumin seeds and crushed Garlic.Fry for a minute
2. Add chopped Tindora and Carrot . Season with Salt and Turmeric. Mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium high heat .
3. After 2 to 3 minutes uncover and Spread the vegetable in the pan and cook on medium high flame for 2 minutes without disturbing.
4. After 2 minutes mix gently and spread the vegetable and cook for another 2 minutes or till light brown.
5. Switch off the stove and add Coconut raw mango spice powder and chopped coriander . Sambar powder too.