Instant Pot Stuffed Snake gourd /Stir fry – 5 Ingredients
If you cook SNAKE GOURD every week , then try these 2 Unique recipes with 2 different Spice powders to Stuff and to add at the end. . Today I’m sharing 2 recipes with same Vegetable ( Snake gourd) . Stuffed snake gourd and Snake gourd stir fry . You can serve with steamed rice or as a side for your meal. Don’t get scared by the name . It’s very healthy vegetable and good source of fiber. Many may not like this vegetable because of bland taste. But believe me once you try it’s going to be must in your grocery list . I tried in Instant Pot ( 3 qt) with less cooking time and no burnt bottom . I didn’t add any water . Just Oil and washed Snake gourd. I’m sharing two Spice powders . One to stuff the Vegetable and another to add at the end of Stir fry vegetable . You can prepare these Powders in your free time and stay good for months. Store in an airtight container.
Snake gourd also known as Chinese Cucumber occupies as Healthy vegetable in India. It is grown within the Asian countries as well as across Australian and Nigeria . Snake gourd is a well liked vegetable and comes in different sizes and can be obtained all year round and mostly cultivated in Home gardens.
Snake gourd is low in Calories , fat free because of its high water substance and filling and great to restrain in weight loss menu’s . This Summer vegetable nature provides has a cooling effect on the body and helps in handling the summer heat. Good source of minerals like magnesium , calcium and Phosphorous. Magnesium is an essential nutrient found in many foods like Green vegetables, legumes, nuts . The common signs of magnesium deficiency are muscle weakness and sleepiness. Magnesium plays an important role in energy production management . Leg cramps are often caused by magnesium deficiency and thus supplying magnesium will help .Source : HM
1. Snake gourd – Medium and thin ( Wash and make a slit in the middle) For stir fry – 6 inch long pieces .
2. Oil – 2 tbsp and Salt
3. STUFFING with MIXED NUTS – Dry roast Handful of Mixed Nuts with 20 or more Peanuts , 2 tbsp Sesame seeds, 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds , 1/2 tbsp Coriander. Cool and grind with Handful dry Coconut , red chilli powder – 1 tbsp and 4 cloves Garlic
4. STUFFING with DALIYA ( Roasted Channa Dal ) for STIR FRY SNAKE GOURD – Grind 1/2 cup Daliya with Handful of dry coconut, 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds , red chilli powder, Coriander and Cumin powder , tamarind or dry Mango Powder .
5. Finely chopped Coriander and Mint leaves
1. Add 2 tbsp Oil in inner pot . Add Washed Snake gourd to Inner pot in a single layer. Season with salt . Mix gently .
2. Close lid. Manual 5 minutes. Unplug it when you see Low. NPR ( 5 MINUTES) .
3. Open lid . Press saute and fry for 3 to 4 minutes , Unplug and leave in Inner Pot , so they will roast for some more time with the heat from inner pot.
4. Transfer to a Pyrex Bowl and stuff with MIXED NUTS SPICE Powder .
SERVE with Steamed rice or as a side for your Meal
1. Add 2 tbsp Oil to inner pot and add Washed and Chopped snake gourd . Season with Salt .
2. Close lid. MANUAL 3 minutes. Unplug when you see Low . NPR .
3. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes and transfer to a Pyrex Bowl .
4. Add Oil to the Inner Pot . When warm add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and Black Split Urad dal , Green chillies, Curry leaves, Crushed Garlic and Ginger. Red Pepper flakes too.
5. Add thinly chopped Onions. Season with Salt and Turmeric.
6.Once Onions are fried . Unplug . Add Cooked and roasted Snake Gourd Pieces , Daliya sesame spice Powder and Finely chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves .
SERVE with STEAMED RICE or as a side for your Meal .