What I like about this soup is we can Cook everything in One Pot. Easy and Simple recipe that you can prepare ahead of time and refrigerate and bring to boil before you serve for Lunch / Dinner . It ‘s best Soup to try when the temperatures are dropping . It not only keeps you warm , but fills you up. Easy way to feed Vegetables and Beans for Kids. Read about the Health Benefits of Ingredients I used at the end of the recipe . I added a Special ingredient which enhances the taste of the soup. One pot meal for Lunch/dinner . Everyone in your family will enjoy it ( including picky eaters) without complaining about the ingredients.
Transfer all the Ingredients to Instant pot. Close the lid . Manual( Pressure cook – 10 minutes ) . Unplug when you see Low. NPR ( 5 to 10 minutes) .
Recipe for 3 People.
1.Whole Grain Penne Pasta – 1/2 Cup and Potato – 1 to thicken the soup .
2. 16 Beans -1/2 cup ( Soak overnight) or Canned Beans of your choice
3. VEGETABLES : Onions – 1/2 Cup( Chopped) and Garlic Cloves (4 to 6 ) – Crushed, Tomatoes – 2 ( Finely Chopped), Bell Pepper – Medium ( Finely Chopped) and Vegetables of your choice ( Green Beans , Carrots , Chopped cabbage etc) .
4. Water – 3 Glasses ( 24 Ounces)
5.Pizza Sauce – 1/2 cup ( Special Ingredient) or Salsa – 1/2 cup or Marinara sauce – 1/2 cup
6. Spice powders : Red Pepper Flakes – 1 tbsp. ( Mild Spicy), Coriander and Cumin Powder – 1/2 tbsp. each, FRESHLY ground Black Pepper – 1/2 to 1 tbsp and Mixed Herbs – 1/2 to 1 tbsp
7. Cinnamon Stick – Small
8. Salt as per taste
1. Soak Beans Overnight Wash and transfer to inner pot . OR CANNED BEANS OF YOUR CHOICE
2. To this add finely Chopped Onions , Chopped Potato , Crushed Garlic , Tomatoes , Bell Pepper , Chopped vegetables . Whole Grain Pasta, and Pizza Sauce or Salsa .
3. Season it with Salt , Red Pepper Flakes , Coriander and Cumin Powder, Cinnamon Stick.
4. Add water . Close lid . Manual 10 minutes. Unplug when you see LOW . NPR .
5. Open the lid. MASH THE POTATO . Taste for Salt and Spices and add accordingly. Add Mixed herbs and freshly ground Black Pepper.
1. Whole Grain or Whole Wheat : If you select 100 Percent Whole Grain or Whole Wheat Products , the Bran and Germ of the Wheat will remain in your Meal and the Health Benefits will be Impressive.
2.Boiled Potato: One Cup of Boiled Potato provides 293 micrograms of Copper and 69 milligrams of Phosphorous the two essential minerals . Need of Phosphorous helps to make several important Biological compounds including the lipids in your Cell membranes , Hemoglobin and DNA .It also contributes to Bone tissue . Copper supports several aspects of Brain function.
Adding Boiled Potato’s to your diet boosts your Vitamins and Minerals intake which contributes to your overall Health.
3. Cinnamon Stick : Cinnamon helps people with Type 2 Diabetes . Improve their ability to respond to Insulin . Thus normalizing their Blood Sugar Levels.
4.Beans : Scientists recommend that adults Consume 3 Cups of Beans per week to Promote Health and reduce the risk of Chronic Diseases.
5. Garlic : Garlic is a natural antibiotic herb . It is effective not only against Bacterial Infections but against Fungal and Viral Infections.