Mango Mint Spinach Mixed dal ( Pressure cooker ) , Stuffed Eggplant and Cauliflower cucumber Pickle – Side for Roti .
. Dal is a must in our meal along with stir fry vegetable or Chutney and Rasam. I cook dal in pressure cooker . All in One pot from start to finish . Check my recipe how much dal , water and vegetables to add to get right consistency . Number of Whistles. Not too thick and not too thin. I like adding Green chilli paste along with Curry Powder and Rasam powder . Ginger too . Adds little spiceness to dal and not too Spicy. Here is the recipe for EVERYDAY DAL in PRESSURE COOKER . Clean Cooking and dal is not going to Splutter . Do try this tasty dal prepared with mango , mint and every day ingredients from your pantry .
Recipe for 4 to 6 .
Preparation time – 15 minutes and Cooking time – 15 minutes
1. Mixed dals ( Toor dal , Channa dal and Yellow Moong dal – 3/4th cup ( Soak for half hour. Wash before and after soaking)
2. Water – 1 1/4 measuring cups ( Just sufficient) Don’t add more
3. Vegetables – Onion – medium ( finely chopped) , tomatoes – 3 ( chopped) , Lauki or Ridge gourd ( green squash ) – Medium ( Peeled and Chopped into big pieces) , Mango – medium ( peeled and chopped)
4. Spinach – 3 big handfuls chopped ( add at the end) and MINT – 2 big handfuls
5. TADKA( seasoning ) – Garlic – 6 cloves ( Peeled and crushed ) , Split black urad dal – 1 tbsp , 1/2 tbsp Cumin and Mustard seeds each , Red chillies – 3 to 4 and Hing – Pinch
6. Green chilli paste – 3 green chillies , Ginger – small piece ( crushed ) , Sambar or Rasam Powder – 1/2 tbsp , Curry powder – 1 tbsp
7. Juice of Lime – One
8. Oil – 2 tbsp or 1 tbsp and Ghee to add at the end
- 1. Soak dals for half hour or One hour . Wash before and after soaking. Add 1 1/2 measuring cup water to washed dal .
2. Chop vegetables .
3. Heat Pressure cooker on medium heat . Add Oil . When Oil is warm add Crushed garlic followed by Black Split urad dal , Mustard seeds, Cumn seeds and Broken red chillies n Hing
4. Add finely chopped Onions. Season with salt and turmeric. Fry for couple of minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes , Lauki or Ridgegourd , mango . Green Chilli paste and Crushed ginger.
6. Add curry powder and Sambar powder . Add Dals with water . Mix well .
7. Close lid . Pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium high heat.
8. Once Pressure comes down . Open the lid and add chopped Spinach and Mint . Taste for salt and Spices and add accordingly .
If needed squeeze juice of lime and add 1 tbsp GHEE .
SERVE with Steamed rice or Phulka or Plain Paratha .