Don’t like the smell of Cabbage , Cook my way to cut down the smell of Cabbage. It taste good when you serve immediately. Once cooked Cabbage will taste Sweet . Follow my recipe how to Cook Cabbage so you can enjoy Cabbage with full of flavor from Home made Curry Powder , Ginger and Masala powder with Green Chillies.
Cabbage is mild in sweetness and amazing Versatility and can blend with any lentils and spices. Cooking Cabbage with Onions ginger , Garlic and tomatoes will cut down the smell of Cabbage. Cut cabbage length wise and Don’t overcook Cabbage it will get mushy and sprinkle very little water and cook on Medium High flame Until soft and has little Crunch.
Cabbage is one of the most Popular and Healthy Vegetable and used in variety of Vegetarian dishes like Stir fry’s , Chutney’s , Salads and soups. It is rich in anti- Oxidants , Vitamin C and other essential Vitamins. It is a low calorie Vegetable with 22 Calories per Cup. Shredded Cooked Cabbage contains 68 percent of the required daily intake of Vitamin K in 1/2 Cup serving . Vitamin K plays a vital role in blood clotting and helps in maintaining bone health. Source : HM
It is a nutritional stir fry Vegetable recipe with Lentils and Spices.
Recipe for 3 to 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time: 30 Minutes
1. Cabbage – Half ( Cut into thin long strips)
2. Channa Dal – 2 Handfuls ( Soak for 30 minutes . Wash before and after Soaking )
3. Tomatoes -2 ( finely Chopped ) and 2 more to add at the end
4. Garlic – 4 to 6 ( Peeled and Crushed)
5. Ginger – 2 tbsp.grated
6. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder, Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and Fresh coriander)
7. Masala Powder – Dry roast 10 Almonds , 2 tbsp Sesame seeds , 1 tbsp Cumin seeds, 1 tbsp Coriander seeds, 3 Cloves , 3 Cardamom , Small piece of Cinnamon stick . Cool and grind with 1/4 th Cup dry coconut and 2 Green chillies
8. Curry Leaves – 5 and Finely chopped Coriander leaves
9. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp, Salt and Cumin seeds – 1tbsp
10. Oil – 2 tbsp. and Ghee – 1 tbsp.
1.. Heat 1 tbsp. Oil and sauté Onions with Turmeric . Curry Leaves , Green Chillies and cumin seeds . Once Onions are Brown add Crushed Garlic and Ginger and fry for Couple of minutes.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until soft . When tomatoes are soft add Curry powder and one more tbsp Oil .
3. Add Cabbage and Channa Dal , Mix well that tomato is coated to Cabbage . Cover the lid and cook on Medium High Flame . Mix in between . If needed sprinkle Very little water so Cabbage will Cook fast .
4. Once Cabbage is cooked add tomatoes and cook only for 3 Minutes . So tomatoes wont be Mushy and hold shape. After 3 minutes switch off the stove and add Masala Powder and One tbsp. Ghee . check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
5. Garnish with Finely chopped Coriander leaves.