Red Kidney Beans Wrap for Lunch/Dinner
Easy to prepare for Lunch/Dinner . One wrap is enough . Satisfying and filling till next meal. It almost taste like a Chaat in a wrap.This Wrap is a very easy recipe that you can Prepare for Lunch or Dinner if you have Dosa Batter ready . As we eat Idli or Dosa or Uttapam for Breakfast I always have Dosa Batter in my refrigerator. Comes in handy to prepare quick Lunch/Dinner . Actually Wraps are prepared with Tortilla . I thought of trying with Dosa Batter . New to try and no need to roll chapathi . Try to prepare a little thick Wrap , so it will hold the Ingredients. Chop the vegetables and Cook the Beans and Potato ahead of time , so it will be easy to prepare wraps. Don’t forget to drizzle Coriander chutney and Date Tamarind Chutney . Adds extra taste . It is filling and you won’t crave for anything till Dinner time.
Adding beans to your diet may improve Blood sugar balance , reduce risk of chronic diseases and protect overall health. Red Kidney Beans starch is called slow release Carbohydrate . It digestion takes longer and it causes lower and more gradual rise in blood sugar than other types of starch. Low in GI which means how foods affect the rise in blood sugar after a meal. Red Kidney Beans are known as Rajma in India and they are important part of a vegetarian diet due to their excellent protein content. The protein is incomplete and should be paired with carbohydrates .Before consumption Kidney Beans should be soaked properly and Cooked properly. Several studies have linked bean consumption with lower risk of overweight and obesity . Source : Health magazines.
Here is the Simple recipe with everyday Ingredients from your Pantry.
Recipe for 3 .
Preparation time :15 Minutes and Cooking time : 15 Minutes
1. Dosa batter – 1 Cup( Urad dal -1/2 cup , Green Moong Dal , Yellow Moong Dal and Channa Dal – 1/4 th cup and Brown Basamati rice – 1 Cup ) . Soak for 3 hours . Grind in the evening and Ferment Overnight. Batter stays good for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator)
FERMENTED DOSA BATTER :
2. Chopped Vegetables – Onion, Tomato, Bell Pepper and Finely Chopped Coriander
3. Cooked Red Kidney Beans – 1 Cup ( Slightly Mashed)
4. Potato – 1 ( Boiled and Mashed)
5. Date and tamarind Chutney , Coriander Mint Chutney
6. Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Garam Masala , Salt
7. Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Chop Onions, Tomato , Bell pepper and Coriander.
2. Mash Potato, Red Kidney Beans and Mix with Spices . Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
3. Heat a Pan on Medium High heat . When pan is warm enough Grease the pan with Oil . Pour a Big Spoonful of Batter and spread in Circular motion. Drizzle Oil over edges.
4. When the bottom is light brown flip and brown the other side for a Minute.
5. Flip the Dosa and Sprinkle Chopped Vegetables and Red kidney Bean Potato mixture. Switch off the stove . Drizzle Coriander and Mint Chutney , Date and Tamarind Chutney . Fold from both sides . Transfer to a Serving plate.