Pickled Vegetable Vermicelli – Instant pot – Kids Lunch box with Plain Yogurt
Pickled Vegetable Vermicelli . Different in taste from regular . First time I tried Vermicelli in IP ( I bought IP few months back ) . Nice and fluffy . I like cooking in Instant Pot whether it is Simple or Complicated for two reasons. Food stays Warm for 3 to 4 hours after we UNPLUG it. . Yesterday half day for Kids and had early Lunch and me at regular time. No need to transfer to a BOWL and reheat it .And One Pot to clean Now and then I prepare Vegetable Vermicelli for Breakfast and to pack for Kids Lunch Box. I prepare Lime juice Pickle to add at the end of Stir fry Veggies or to eat with Snacks. I also keep Pickled Green chillies( Zero spicy) . I usually squeeze Juice of Lime after I prepare Upma. One day I’m out of Limes and I just added Pickled lime juice to vermicelli Upma. It really changed the taste of Upma. It became regular to add for all my Upma recipes. After I bought INSTANT POT this is the first time I tried Vermicelli . It is very fast cooking. I just added everything to the Pot and didn’t do much sauting and used store bought roasted Whole Wheat Vermicelli . In less time it was done and NPR too in 5 minutes.If you do preparation night before like gathering and chopping it will take very less time to Cook in the morning. I like cooking in IP. Try this simple and Easy recipe to prepare for any MEAL .
RECIPE for PICKLED LIME JUICE : Note : Add One tbsp . If you like you can add more. Rest refrigerate. You can serve with Medu vada or any appetizers or add at the end after cooking any Dal recipes. Enhances the taste . Even for Stir fry vegetables .
1,Squeeze Juice of 6 Lime . To this add red chilli powder 1 tbsp , salt , roasted cumin powder 1/2 tbsp , Fenugreek powder and Mustard powder – 1/4 th tbsp .
2. Add chopped coriander leaves .
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil and add Urad dal , Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Red chillies. PINCH OF HING. Cool the seasoning and add to the Lime juice .
Recipe for 3 people
One cup – Measuring cup
1. Whole wheat Vermcelli – 1 cup
2. Water – 1 1/2 cup
3. Vegetables – Onion – Medium( finely chopped) , Potato – 0ne ( Finely chopped) , Carrots , Green Peas , Green Beans ,corn – 1 cup ( together) and Tomato – One ( Finely chopped)
4. Green chilles – 2 ( chopped) , Ginger – small piece ( chopped)
5. Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
6. Salt – accordingly
7. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp and Mustard seeds -1/4 tbsp
8. Juice of Lime – one ( to add at the end)
9. Finely chopped Coriander ( to add at the end)
10 . Roasted Peanuts or Cashews – Handful
11. Pickled Lime juice ( Squeeze juice of Lime -3 . To this add Red chilli powder, Cumin powder , fenugreek powder , salt and turmeric. Chopped Coriander too. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Black split urad dal , Hing and Red chillies. Cool and add to Lime Pickle)
1. Gather all your ingredients. Chop the vegetables
2. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add Oil . Add mustard seeds , Cumin seeds and roasted peanuts or Cashews .
3.Add whole wheat vermicelli . Fry for couple minutes . Followed by Chopped Green chillies and Ginger. Add finely chopped Onions and Potatoes . Season with salt.
4. Add Green peas,Chopped tomato , water and Salt . Mix well. Taste the water for Salt and add accordingly .
5. Close the lid. Cancel saute . Press Manual 4 minutes . NPR ( 5 minutes).
6. Take out the steel Pot . Wait for few minutes and fluff it with fork .
Wait for few minutes and squeeze juice of lime .
Pack for Kids Lunch Box or Serve for Dinner with Plain Yogurt.