My elder one goes so early to School( 7 a.m) and sometimes it is not possible for me to Cook so early in the morning. I prepare night before and refrigerate. Morning she will warm for One minute and Pack in her Lunch Bag along with Fruit or Dessert without disturbing my sleep. She likes all these Lunch Boxes I shared . Sometimes she stays back for After school activities and these Lunches keep her full till she comes back home.As kids get Older they like proper food for Lunch time and I’m comfortable Cooking night before instead of early morning. Some days I do preparation day before and Cook in the Morning( Less than 10 minutes) . So far I have Packed 100 unique Lunch Boxes for them . Some of them I cook early morning and Some night before and refrigerate . I even pack the same for my Younger one . She also likes them in her Lunch Box. I’m sharing some DESSERTS I pack for their Lunch Box ( 15 Desserts in One page) .
The recipes I shared are prepared with 5 main Ingredients and take 30 minutes to Prepare and Cook and One Pot meals with Fruit or Dessert .
Recipe link for Desserts :
1. RASAM VADA prepared with LENTILS and Lots of coriander is perfect to pack for Kids Lunch Box . Taste good at room temperature. Kids are going to like the sweet taste of Vada with Simple Tomato rasam. Prepare day before and refrigerate. Warm for One minute and Pack for Lunch Box .
2.BARLEY SALAD WITH ORANGE HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING . DESSERT MIXED NUTS AND SEEDS LADOO. My kids say Barley almost taste like Pasta. Easy to prepare and taste good at room temperature.
3. CABBAGE BALLS – NOT DEEP FRIED. Simple recipe prepared with 5 ingredients and taste good next day if you refrigerate day before. There won’t be any change in the taste . Cooking time : 5 minutes for 2 Kids Lunch boxes . Preparation time :15 minutes
4.SEMOLINA URAD DAL PAKORA. They are so tasty and I guarantee Kids will bring back their empty Lunch Box. With everyday ingredients ( 5 main ingredients) from your pantry .
5.GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLE RICE with PLAIN CURD and BEANS SALAD. It is a very tasty rice recipe you can pack for Lunch Box . I added 3/4 th Box of greens to prepare this recipe . Easy way to feed Greens for Kids . I shared 2 Spice powders to add at the end . Choose one and try .
6. QUINOA FRITTERS – Prepared with Lentils and Quinoa . Grind the batter with Green Chillies , Onion , vegetable of your choice and Ginger which will supress the Pungent smell and bitter taste of Quinoa and add finely chopped Vegetables . Kids will never notice Quinoa in these fritters.
7.MASALA PANEER POHA ( Red rice Poha) WITH CAKE COOKIES AND MURUKU. It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare in the morning. Paneer and Poha( flattened rice) will soak up all the juices from Vegetables and Spices and taste good by Lunch time.
8.GREEN MOONG UPMA . Kids are going to like the soft bite of Green moong with other ingredients. Cook Green moong day before and refrigerate . So they won’t get mushy . 5 main ingredients with Cooking time – 10 minutes
9. Lentils vegetable Upma. My kids favorite Lunch Box because it is tangy , soft and taste good at room temperature with yogurt. I added good amount of vegetables. Simple and easy recipe .
10. soft and fluffy Idli’s with 2 different Chutney’s. You can pack with any one of the Chutney . Prepare Idli and Chutney day before. warm Idli’s for one minute before you pack . Chutney will come to room temperature by Lunch time.