Walnut Green Chutney with Jowar Rice flour Roti
Today’s early Dinner Walnut green chutney with Jowar rice flour vegetable roti . I just packed Sandwich , Yogurt and fruit for Lunch Box and I know Kids will be hungry . Prepared special Dinner . Whenever I buy fresh coriander and mint from Indian stores, first thing that comes to my mind is Chutney. For today’s Chutney I added walnuts instead of lentils. It tasted good. Kids generally eat with steamed rice. But today I prepared roti with Jowar, rice flour , Moong dal and grated vegetables. They are soft and perfect combination for Walnut chutney . 2 Simple recipes you can prepare in less time. Left over’s taste good for next day . You can eat for Breakfast or pack for Lunch Box . Here are 2 Simple recipes .
Next time when you buy Coriander and mint with other Vegetables , buy some Semi riped Tomatoes to try this recipe. Once you finish preparing this chutney your Kitchen will be full of aroma with roasted spices combined with flavorful Mint and coriander. Adding little Mint and Coriander bring unique flavor to any dish . Coriander is a good source of Iron and Calcium . Helps those suffer from Anemia and helps keep your Bones healthy and stronger for years . Mint is a great appetizer or Palate cleanser and promotes digestion. Mint leaves are packed with anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties and are great for your oral Health.It kills bacteria in the mouth preventing tooth decay , helps tongue and teeth clean and beats Bad Breath. Source : HM .How you Serve Chutney is up to you? Serve with Steamed rice , Ghee and Papad or as a spread for Sandwich or for Wraps or with Holiday appetizers or Use as Pesto to mix with Cooked Pasta. If you want to mix with Cooked Pasta , don’t add any seasoning. Add some Oil and Crushed garlic to the Chutney for more taste and flavor.
NOTE : Both Chutney and Roti taste good for next day .
Recipe for 4 . Preparation time and Cooking time : Less than 30 minutes
1. Dry roast : Walnuts – 1/2 cup , Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp , Cumin seeds and Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp , fenugreek seeds – 5 and Mustard seeds – 1/4th tbsp , Red chillies – 2. Cool and grind into fine powder .
2. Coriander – 2 Bunches and Mint – One bunch . Tomatoes – 4 ( chopped)
3. Juice of Lime
4. Onions – 1/2 cup chopped and Green chillies – 4
5. Oil – 4 tbsp to 6 tbsp , Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
6 Crushed Garlic – 6 cloves
7. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
1. Wash Coriander and Mint 4 to 5 times . Chop .
2. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add Oil followed by Cumin seeds . Add Chopped coriander , Mint , green chillies and chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and add 1/4 th tbsp turmeric.
3. Close lid . Manual 3 minutes. NPR . Open lid
4. Cool and Use hand blender . Add Walnut spice powder . Spice Powder absorbs extra moisture. and adds texture to chutney . Transfer to a Pyrex Bowl .
5. Wash inner pot and add 4 to 5 tbsp Oil . Add crushed garlic and cumin seeds. Add seasoning to chutney . Squeeze Juice of Lime and chopped Onions . Mix well . Taste for salt and Spices and add accordingly .
RECIPE FOR JOWAR RICE FLOUR VEGETABLE ROTI :
Recipe for 10 medium Roti’s .
1 . Jowar flour and Rice flour – 1/2 cup each
2. Yellow Moong dal – 1/2 cup ( Soak for half hour) . Wash 3 to 4 times .
3. Grated Zucchini or Lauki , Chopped onions, grated carrots.
4. Spices – Red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder and Green chilli paste or Sambar powder – 1 tbsp
5. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
6 . Oil – 1 tbsp and salt accordingly
7. Water – 3/4 th cup
1. Mix all the above ingredients . Add water slowly and prepare like chapathi dough. Add one tbsp oil to the dough and mix well .
2. Divide the dough into 10 equal parts.
3. Heat a wide pan so you can fry in 2 batches.
3. When the pan is warm enough grease the pan with oil .
4. Take one dough ball and place in between the Ziplock and press with a round bowl for round and even roti ( as shown in pictures) . Fry till light brown on both sides.
5. Serve warm with Walnut chutney .
Ten more ROTI recipes I tried for BREAKFAST, KIDS LUNCH BOX and DINNER