I like Pancakes which I can prepare in less than 10 Minutes ( 8 to 10 Pancakes ) so I can Pack 2 Kids Lunch Boxes with very less work or for Breakfast. They taste good on their own and doesn’t need any side or Pack or Serve with Ketchup . Split Green Moong Dal Pancakes with Vegetables is a simple Weekend Lunch Idea or Kids Lunch Box idea ( 5 main ingredients) or for Breakfast that you can prepare 10 Pancakes in less than 10 minutes depending on the size of your Pan . I shared both Shallow fried and Pan fried .Grind the batter night before and refrigerate . Chop vegetables and refrigerate. I added Curd , so they won’t be hard at room temperature and also keep them soft with tangy tasty along with other vegetables. They taste good on their own. But Older kids like to eat with Onion and Lime or with Ketchup . Pack with some fruit.
Green Moong Dal is beneficial for People having a High Blood sugar level . Low in GI of just 35 means they offers a slow release of energy into the blood stream due to the slow break down of Carbohydrates ( foods are considered to have a Low GI if their value is less than 55 on a scale of 0 to 100). Green Moong Dal is a Low fat food , rich in Protein and fiber and considered as Weight loss food. Green Moong is full of Complex Carbohydrates in form of high fiber which aids in digestion . It is considered as the lightest and easiest to digest. Regular consumption of diets in Vitamin B6 help you develop resistance against contagious diseases. green Moong is good source of Vitamin B1 , Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. I added Poha ( Flattened rice) as I read if lentils eaten with Grains have complete Protein with all essential Amino acids . You can add Poha of your Choice Brown , Red etc.
Recipe for 25 Medium Pancakes .
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes for 10 Pancakes
COOKING TIPS :
1. Grind the Batter night before and refrigerate . If you use Split Green Moong Dal , soak for One hour . Whole Green Moong Dal overnight.
2 . Chop vegetables and refrigerate .
3. No need to soak Poha ( Flattened rice) . Just wash and add to the Batter.
4. Curd ( Yogurt) not only adds tangy taste but keep the Pancakes soft at room temperature.
5. Green chillies ( Mild spicy ) and Ginger for spicy taste and digestion ,Ajwain for digestion too.
6. Vegetables for fiber and Nutrition etc .
1. Split Green Moong Dal – 1 cup
2. Poha ( Flattened Rice ) – 1/2 cup ( Wash and no need to soak)
3. Finely chopped Vegetables, Onions and Grated Carrots – 1 Cup
4. Curd ( Yogurt) – 1/4 th cup
5. Green Chillies – 2 ( Chopped and Mild spicy ) , Ginger – 2 tbsp
6. Oil – 2 tbsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Finely chopped Coriander or Spinach or Amaranth Leaves
9. Curry Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic and Fresh Coriander ) or Spices of your Choice
10 . Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
1. Soak Split Green Moong dal for an Hour . Wash 3 to 4 times . Don’t throw the skin . Grind to a corse paste without Water . Add little salt and 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds while grinding. Transfer to a bowl.
2. To this batter add Curd ( Yogurt) , Washed Poha ( Flattened rice) Chopped vegetables, Chopped Onion , Green chillies , Ginger , Curry Powder , Chopped Coriander leaves and Ajwain . Mix well . Check for Salt and spices and adjust accordingly .
4. Take Lemon size portion of the batter and place on the warm pan and flatten it.. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter . You can prepare 8 to 10 pancakes depending on the size of your pan. Cook on Medium / Medium high heat .
5. Once light Brown flip and cook on other side. Drizzle little Oil to crisp the Pancakes .